Show Side Menu
Boston Service Directory
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999

Complaints test page

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in the Practice, please let us know. We operate a Practice Complaints Procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints procedure meets the national criteria.

How to complain

We hope most problems can be sorted our easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible - ideally, within a matter of days - because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have the details if your complaint:

  • within 12 months of the incident. You can do this by telephoning or in writing.
  • Complaints should be addressed to Mr Mark Shaw Practice Manager. If you need to speak to the Practice Manager, if available he will explain the complaints procedure and make sure your concerns are dealt with promptly.

Sources of support for Patients



Pohwer support anyone to make a complaint about the service, care or treatment provided to you by the NHS

  • Support you to make a complaint on someone else's behalf, including if someone has died.
  • Listen to your concerns
  • Signpost you to the right organisation in the right area if we think that we are not the right organisation for you
  • Answer questions about the complaints procedure and explain your options
  • Provide step by step guide to the complaints process and some tips
  • Provide you with a POhWER advocate, an experienced worker who can help you make      your complaint and support you through the process
  • Support a young person under 16 if they have capacity to reach their own decisions. If a child does not have the capacity to make a decision about their treatment, only a parent or guardian may complain on behalf of their child without permission

Telephone: 0300 456 2370
Minicom: 0300 456 2364
Text: send the word 'pohwer' with your name and number to 81025
Fax: 0300 456 2365
Post: write to 'Pohwer', PO Box 14043, Birmingham B6 9BL

 Taking it further

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer the matter to:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
Millbank Tower,
Telephone: 0345 0154033
Ombudsman website link

Complaining on behalf of someone else

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality (a separate leaflet giving more detail on confidentiality is available on request). If you are not the patient, but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their permission to do so. An authority signed by the patient concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or infirmity) of providing this.

Patient Advice and Liason Service (PALS)

Patient Advice and Liason Service (PALS)

If patients need advice that does not constitute a complaint being made, they can contact PALS. A confidential service to:

  • Advise and support patients, families and carers
  • Provide information, and signposting, to NHS services
  • Listen to concerns, suggestions or queries and pass to service managers
  • Help to resolve problems quickly on behalf of the enquirer

This service does not handle complaints but acts as a contact point to enable guidance for patients, and can often direct them to the appropriate organisation or member of staff best placed to deal with queries raised. PALS will inform Lincolnshire Community Health Services and NHS Lincolnshire of the outcome of all contacts to facilitate the improvement of services.

Please ring:     0845 602 4384


Local Services. Ready to Help You